Guide to using WebtypeThere are three steps to implementing your web fonts:
1. Create a New Project
- After purchasing a Webtype license, sign in and click Your Account
- Click Add New Project
- Enter the Project Name, your website URL and a testing URL (if applicable)
- Select the font(s) and font language subsetting options
- Click Save
Tip: If your site has a very small character set range, the Custom Text option can be used to apply a specific text string. Only those glyphs would then be saved in the font, providing a further file size reduction (and faster font download time).
Update Your Website
Once you save your project, we give you everything you need to implement the fonts on your website.
- Resource Link: Add this line of code to your web pages before the </head> tag.
- CSS Sample: We provide you with the fonts organized by class name. You can choose to rename the class name if desired, or you can simply use the font-family, font-style and font-weight properties.
- Tip: To implement webfonts on a website using a template, add the Resource Link above the </head> tag in the template.
- Tip: CSS can be internal, external, and inline. Update the font-family based on the kind of CSS you are using.